Wednesday

How to stop biting your nails


WHY DO I BITE MY NAILS? Annoying right? 
I looked at my finger nails today and they are so short that I have no 
need to cut them. The truth is that I bit them off during one of my 
study hours(strange abi?). Well,it's true. 
I have noticed that we all have a habit or a particular posture that 
we can't do without when we are seriously thinking or concentrating on something very important. You know,it's some how like a thinking cap! 
Whenever i'm studying,I irresistably bite my finger nails. At times 
like that, I don't even think of the consequences of biting my nails, my mind is just filled with some medical jargons and mystery that i 
become mindless of the bad habit(bitey-bitey). 
Our nails have no nerve supply infact they are made up of dead 
cells(that's why it doesn't hurt when you bite). Their major function 
is to protect the tips of the fingers and toes. Finger nails grow 
quickly than toe nails and growth is quicker when the environmental 
temperature is high. 
BITING your nails is really a bad site. Well i just can't help it when 
i sit down to study. So when my nails are long,i havn't been 
studying,and when they are short hmm --my head dey hot be that oh. 
WHY YOU SHOULD STOP BITING YOUR NAILS; 
-They are your finger nails(abeg pity for dem small). 
-It's a bad habit(you never can tell who is watching from one corner!). 
-The dirts and germs beneath your nails could cause you more harm than 
you think. 
-You can cut those nails with a good pair of nail scissors or better 
still visit a saloon for proper manicure(i even get some 'pro' for my 
yard). 
NO matter how you started or when you usually bite your nails,it has 
got to stop! Lets use the following tips; 
-Determination: (e.g I promise say i no go bite my nails for one full week.) 
-Accountability: tell someone to caution you whenever they catch you in the act. 
-Hand care: if you like to keep your nails short,give yourself a 
manicure treat at least once a week(by then nothing go dey to bite!). 
Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences on how to stop this habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment