Monday

My Hairdo - - Should I Go Natural? #Natural #Africana

NOW that every body is going natural,
Now that the 'Africanness' in most black women is beginning to glow and have a good part of their fashion sense!
Natural hairdos, ankara wears and modernized traditional clothing lines,natural body creams,soaps and lotions. Even our local foods now makes more sense and is internationally recognized.
So should I move with the trend or that 'natural thing' inside of me hasn't pop up just yet. With so many new ideas and knowledge about how best to keep your hair natural and glowing, how best to wear Ankara dresses and be cute/chic,some of us may still be observers as our fellow women rock the trend especially with the hair part!
While I was growing up, keeping your hair healthy meant washing, relaxing, perming or retouching,using products that makes your hair stretch out and fall back or you can go on to fix your extensions and all(this one na if you don't finish SS3 oo).
Now that my hair is all permed up and falls real good I'm loving the banging curls of naturalisters!!
Sincerely speaking I think this has a lot to do with the changing phases we encounter as we grow. Maybe I'll wake up one morning and say 'enough of long permed hair,I'm going natural',I'll be able to let go and accept the wooly strands I came to earth with. As we grow older,we make new resolutions and accept our inner selves, we are able to say this is what I have,I love it and love to show it. Trends will keep changing, new discoveries would be made,the most important things are comfort,morals and 'does it suit you?'.
So one day my body go sweet me to cut my hair but right now I'm still enjoying the eyes-on-me feeling when I let my hair down lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment